Skip To Content

Purchasing Property

  • Once a closing date has been established, call Utility Billing at 763-531-1120 to change the account into your name as the new owner.
  • Set up other utilities (gas: CenterPoint Energy - 612-372-4727; telephone: CenturyLink; garbage: contact City Hall or see a list of licensed garbage haulers; electricity: Xcel Energy - 800-895-4999; cable: Comcast).
  • File for the homestead credit on your property taxes by coming into City Hall during business hours (Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). All occupying owners and their spouses MUST sign the homestead application. You can begin the process by printing out the Homestead Application Form and filling it out before coming to City Hall, or you can fill out the online Homestead Application form. You will also need to bring a copy of your deed and the eCRV ID number located in the upper left of the Electronic Certificate of Real Estate Value (you should have gotten copies of these at your closing.)

Selling Property

  • Once a closing date has been established, call Utility Billing at 763-531-1114 to schedule a final reading of your water meter.
  • Cancel your utilities (gas, telephone, garbage, electricity, cable) by contacting each company that provides service to you.
  • Contact the assessing specialist at 763-531-1118 or to notify her that you are moving.

Understanding Property Taxes

Estimating Market Value

How to Appeal Your Value and Classification

Homestead Classification

Disabled Veterans Homestead Property Tax Exclusion

Special Homestead for Property Owners who are Blind or Disabled

Go To Homepage
City of Crystal